What Is Your Product Offering?
A product offering is everything you offer your customer that is connected to your product. This includes the product itself, but can also include elements such as its USP, benefits, price, and any associated services or support. A product offering takes a holistic approach to help you understand and communicate to retailers exactly what you’re going to provide the consumer.
How To Develop A Product Offering
You may have some information from R&D.
Step 1: Analyse Your Research
The idea is to find a gap in the market that you can capitalise on within your marketing messaging.
Step 2: Understand Your Audience
Different buyer persona examples we created for a range of Jawbone bluetooth headsets.
Step 3: Bring Your Product To Life
- What is the general market condition and industry health?
- Does your pricing reflect the quality of your product?
- Is there a high demand for your product with little competition, or are you in a saturated market?
- What are your competitors’ prices?
- Can your USP justify a higher price?
- Can your buyer personas afford it?